Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ponte Vedra: Up & At Em!


We like our early morning trips to the beach too..As soon as breakfast is served and sunscreen is generously slathered from head to toe, we're out the door.  Micker Beach is where we set up camp every morning. I think it's the only way to enjoy the sand before the late afternoon sweltering heat sets in. There is no lack of humidity in south Florida .A morning snack is best enjoyed with your brother in a beach chair. Nothing like the view of the ocean to keep you company.

 Eliza Kate's "hi mom" wave is funny to me. She turned the sand castle bucket into her popcorn bin. I'll give her points for creativity. I cringed a little, but dusted it out and she was good to go. She didn't let mommy's lack of zip lock bag packing ruin her beach going experience.

Miller showed her all kinds of sand slingin' tricks into the foamy waves.  I relaxed my no sand throwing rule once I saw all the giggles this game created.

One thing I love about Ponte Vedra is the compact sand for miles. At low tide, it's the perfect runway for brother sister chasing games.

They invented a game together where the challenge was to not let the incoming tide touch their toes. Screaming and shrilling could be heard from my babes up and down the shore. We pretty much owned the beach during these early morning hours.

Eliza Kate was a trip to watch.

Sand digging also passed the time. Miller is a champ at keeping himself busy with self invented activities. If only, I could magically keep these two from fighting over toys. We're still working on that one...

She was content to fill up the dump truck to the delivery sight. I even grabbed a chair to relax. I steal a moment..just a moment here and there. It's glorious!

Three cheers for a hands on dad. He likes to play in the sand as much as the littles. I'm pretty certain this was the opportunity I should have taken to slather more lotion on daddy's back. I feel guilty when he gets burned from my lack of reminders...His shoulder's were a light shade of pink after this morning trip.

We called it a day. But, not before a mini splash in the pool before naps. EK was my pink raft companion. I was feeling lonely, so I'm glad she bobbed my way. Gotta love the beach life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: