Friday, August 10, 2012

Meet and Greet and a Cruise


We spent most of our morning anxiously waiting to see just what teacher Miller man would have this year. At 9:15 on the nose we were making our way past the crowds to the front of the school to pour over the class lists. It's nice not to be disappointed or elated over the big news. I know absolutely nothing about any of the four teachers. It's refreshing that we can carve out our own history together this year.

Miller wasn't even a hint nervous. No butterflies, no anxiety, no fears {yet}. He makes this transition easy on me. I think I just might lose it if I was having to counsel him on top of coaching myself that it's all going to be o.k. It was refreshing to run into a former co-worker in the county who is the new counselor at the school. This connection eased my jitters about Miller being taken care of. We toured the cafeteria {small in size to the mega lunchroom of last year} and became a PTA member after ordering our "Wolfie Wear". Miller's bummed though that they sold out of XS shirts. Looks like he'll be waiting until October to sport his school spirit on Fridays.

We made our way down the cozy Kindergarten wing. I just love the size of this neighborhood school. At each door, we read the signs to find our way. And, then we spotted Ms. N******'s bulletin board and doorway...the very last room.  It's a Chica Chica Boom Boom class theme. There was our Miller's name written on a coconut. Something about seeing his name written around the classroom melts this former teacher's heart. I just know the time and care it takes to get a room up and running. Miller sweetly said hi to Ms, N and we were won over with the para-pro Ms. R. I'm already hearing the buzz that they work so well together. It was nice to introduce ourselves to the principal so Miller can spot her around the school. Our bus driver Ms. S just happened to be at the front of the school answering questions..so I was relieved that Miller was able to meet her.  All in all, our first introduction to the school went over fabulously.

Our Kindergarten Cruise met us bright and early on Friday morning at 7:02. I love that the county offers this trial run for kids and parents. Our stop just so happens to be in front of the driveway...now how's that for roadside service? Ms, Sharon was our guide teaching all the rules of the bus to the kids. She's been driving this same route for 25 years. I'm feeling so much better about shipping my boy off on the bus.

As you can see, bus riding is the best privilege of  Kindergarten in his book!
I'm so proud of Miller as he embarks on this new adventure. It seems like yesterday we were packing his bag for preshool.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

What a great first start! Miller is so awesome...such a trooper in every way. Love his positive energy:) {just like his mama} He is going to have a fabulous year.