We're all geared up for the little missy to start school this fall. I hemmed and hawd {southernism} over shipping my 2.4 year old off to school. Afterall, I didn't start Miller until 3 years old. It's so easy to dwell on keeping everything equal and the same for both kids. I'm learning though that each child is different, your family needs change with each one & birth order has a lot to do with choices too. Can you tell that is was a big dilemma? She is my baby you know.
And, I'm a self proclaimed
By the time we moved, settled in, and the sunset of summer was upon us...I knew I had to face the music and go ahead and take the preschool plunge. At least selecting the preschool was the easiest part of our decision. Since I'll be accepting a supply teaching position in January for an expectant teaching friend, I went ahead and signed Eliza Kate up for the Tues, Weds., Thurs. class. With the Tues./Thurs. class full , a twinge of mommy guilt swept over me to do the 3 day class. I know I'll be happy about it when I'm a full time teacher for 8 weeks this winter. She's had a nice, long unstructured toddler run at home. We sure will soak up our Mondays and Fridays together doing mommy & me outings this year.
We met her sweet teachers this week. Grandmama actually had the inside tour of her teacher's before we did as she's up working at her church weekly. I love walking into a room knowing that the teacher has prepared it with my child in mind. As you've read, spotting a hand written name with one of my children's names on it around the room gets me every time. We strolled in with 10 minutes to close for meet & greet. I'm doing a bible study at the church on Tues. mornings. So, by the time I picked up EK from childcare, we were rushing to get face time. Not to mention making a stop by the cafe to purchase fruit snacks. She was awfully hungry playing all morning long.
Eliza Kate took a tour of her room while I was trying my best to juggle paperwork...all kinds of forms and sign ups. I'm excited about the opportunity to be a mystery reader in her class.
I didn't want to push a teacher picture just yet as I could tell she was timid wondering if I was going to leave her again. I'm still learning aspects of her little personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment