Our favorite part that we recite over and over again at our house during bedtime is the famous Gingerbread chant ," Run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man. So he ran and he ran..... as fast as his boots could carry him." The plot takes place in the the barren lands of the Old West. Just like the classic tale, this cowboy is running to save his life. Many dessert animals are after him but he manages to outwit them all, even the clever old coyote, with the help of the rancher's wife. It didn't take long after the UPS Santa delivered our copy from Amazon that Miller was running around the house with an extra giddy up in his step. He just loves it! And, I love a good read that has repetitive parts to encourage fluency.
When it was decision time on a dress up character, it didn't take long for Miller to decide he wanted to be a cowboy. Of course I was thrilled that it was actually something I could pull off.
Oh, to be a fly on the wall inside his classroom today. It's themed days like these that get me itching to be in the classroom again. Well, besides the crazy behavior that anything out of the normal structure brings. The costumed kiddos had an in school field trip to learn from an author about her craft. Fun times in PreK!

1 comment:
Sooooooo cute!! I could eat up Gingerbread Cowboy Miller for sure!!
Post a Comment