Our little bakers had a lot of messy fun at Ansley's third birthday this weekend. Saturday soccer games have really cramped our party Saturdays. And, I made the mistake of telling Miller about the party before the game. You can only imagine what his performance was like on the field. He was distracted with a capital D. All he could think about was all the baking fun he was going to have. He gets all worked up about social events.Can you blame him? So with an extra pep in his step off the field, we booked it to Ansley's Bake Shoppe. We made it just in time for lunch and the birthday chorus. Wish I could have gotten a cute picture of the birthday girl.
Then, we got our own private chef session. Eliza Kate and Miller "rolled it and patted it and marked it with a B". I was really surprised Miller hung around the cooking tables. He loved rolling out the dough for the play pizzas. Besides making cookies, I've never really given him the opportunity to help me in the kitchen. I hate to say it, but a lot of times I'm controlled by thinking about the mess. If only, we could cook outside all the time!
Baker see, baker do. Eliza Kate watches Miller intensely these days and mimics his play.The first few moments she assumed the role of sous chef and stared at Miller the head chef. With a series of grunts and points and the word "up", we positioned the missy on a chair and she got right to work mixing water and oatmeal. She sampled a few licks here and there too. It's a good thing all the ingredients were safe to sample. Eliza Kate loved stirring in the bowl. Maybe it's time for a kitchen?
All the party details were delicious! Kristen even monogrammed the aprons. I just love this theme.
Nothing like a wire whisk with gooey oatmeal stuck in the center. Utensil training is in order for this chef.
They made a great team! We loved celebrating with Ansley at her wonderfully creative cooking party.
1 comment:
So glad you all made it to the bake shop! Sweet post!
Post a Comment