Sunday, October 2, 2011

lunch bunch

One of my favorite Sunday School socials to attend & plan is our fall lunch bunch after church. The kids love lunching picnic style after service. I feel like we can really talk while the kiddos are entertained at our church park, Kidzstock. So when I planned this get together back in August, I envisioned a much warmer fall day. It's a good thing that the sun was shining because we got a little cold snap that morning. Layering and sweaters did the trick. Mid lunch we finally warmed up!
We just love our class. Landon and I inherited these wonderful couples from our dear friend's Scott & Emily. They formed the legacy of our class eight years ago & we've added quite a few new couples. It's really special to share in the same season of parenting together. I get so much encouragement from these moms each week... such Godly examples of Christian wives and mothers. We all learn from eachother.
We're thankful that we've been given the opportunity in ministry to invest in these couple's lives for the last 18 months. We've learned a lot about serving eachother but most of all serving the needs that arise in our class. We've grown as a couple in ways we didn't anticipate in this role. The Lord has always been faithful in providing the time and resources to serve. We're thankful for that! So, what seemed to be such a daunting task to take on 18 months ago has proven to be one of the greatest privileges and joys in our lives.
Miller is smitten with his friend,Ruby girl. He loves to be silly and call her "Wooby". I insist that people are going to think he can't pronounce  his "r" sound. She just laughs and always says, "crazy Miller"!

Miss Paisley's parents just moved here from California and joined our class. Eliza Kate and this girly girl are in the same Sunday morning nursery class together. Sweet friends! They spent their lunch bouncing up and down on the bridge.
Miller was thrilled that Caden came along. He sure does miss his good buddy from preschool last year. They chased eachother up & down and under & over the playscape. It's nice to have faithful buddies that you can just pick up right where you left off. I smile at this picture as Miller is wearing the colors of my school uniform growing up. He looks like a little Eastside lion in my mind's eye.

Some of the men were caught enjoying our playdate. Daddy, duty! It didn't take long for the ladies to kick up our feet and relax by the picnic tables relaxing our watchful eyes. We should have seized the opportunity all the way to Starbucks.
Meet my new friend Andrea. What a blessing she's been in my life already. She's been a mom a lot longer and I feel like she always has a small tidbit of Godly advice to learn from. Andrea is a boy mom...can I get an Amen? Miller's in heaven at her house with all the rambunctious activity. Between being a pastor's wife, fabulous photographer, homeschooling mom, and popular blogger...I don't know how she juggles it ALL! Visit her blog. http://www.dreawood.com/ . She just gave me a shout out and I had 200 visits yesterday! Ha!
 
This is what happens when your social life gets in the way of naps! She lunched & bunched and called it a day.

1 comment:

Drea said...

:) your sweet.
Im so far from super mom haha..

We've enjoyed our time getting to know your family and being in the sunday school class. Its a blessing to us.