Friday, October 7, 2011

meet us at the patch

No Friday class = fun Friday at the patch! Miller & Grant invited the class to the pumpkin patch to enjoy a mid morning field trip. It's been fun to organize special little events for these kiddos to enjoy on their day off of school. Eliza Kate tags along sometimes and gets to enjoy Miller's playdates. I did have my hands full today between tallying parents & kids...all 30 of us! counting and recounting heads on the hayride, juggling my bulky camera and keeping up with my pair. Not to mention, balancing my hefty 17 month girly happily on my hip most of the time. It was like taking my class on a field trip all over again minus my fun teacher fanny pack stuffed with bandaids and emergency numbers. It is pure joy for me as a parent being on this side of school. I'm loving party planning as the room mom. It's a fun season that I'm sure will pass all too quickly. I can't stay away from the classroom too long.
After an extended hayride through the woods out to the patch, we jumped off to explore. Our smallest little pumpkin chose a minature keepsake on this trip. Her nose wrinkled grin shows her excitement. This pumpkin never left her grasp the entire trip.

Her nose wrinkling elation turned more serious when she realized that pumpkin picking requires careful stepping. She tripped a few times not watching her step. Her ponytail was still perky and excited though:)

This pair enjoyed themselves in the patch. Miller clanged the small pumpkins like tamborines while sweet thing stuck out her tongue in concentration. She was not going to trip again. Priceless!

Then it was off to the larger variety to capture a class picture. The pumpkins were the perfect size for a patchside squat altogether. Miss Cayla joined us on our trip again. Such a treat to have out Pre K teacher come along. She continues to wow us with her participation, patience and love for her class. The boys are all smitten with their cutesy teacher. I love the one on one contact with her since we particpate in carpool dropoff everyday.
Getting to know the other moms has been another perk of these outside events.

Gearing up for a family visit in a few weeks. I hope there are still pumpkins left when daddy can join in on the fun. Happy Fall, ya'll! And, happy pumpkin picking to you.

2 comments:

The Gaymons said...

So cute!! Maggie and Kerri Grace invited a friend to the pumpkin patch for next Thursday...the day they have off of school. Great minds think alike (although I am not brave enough to plan something for the entire class yet)! ;) Looks like ya'll had a great time, and Miller and EK look adorable in their fall attire.

The Cibulas said...

So much to catch up on...I can hardly keep up with you and your busy days! Loved it all though! I can't decide if I love the monkeys in the bed or EK's precious pumpkin find better!?!? So sweet!