Happy Halloween from the Fokens' fam! We had great intentions of being the "Bat Family" this year, but this Bat Mama was overwhelmed with a mile long to-do list the week before Halloween and couldn't pull it all off. October has a way of stressing me out. Oh well, there's always next year to get the whole family involved. We did have a much more relaxed week and Halloween just enjoying the extra busy-ness of the holiday and eachother. I am owning up to the fact that this might be the last year we can coordinate the kiddos without one of them compromising what they really want to be. I forsee our little girly wanting to be a princess in the near future and just don't think Miller will want to be Prince Charming year after year;) For now, we're soaking up the extra cuteness of matchy match siblings.
With five yards of tulle for $2.00 & a you tube tutorial , this girl mom was armed and dangerous with mad tutu making skills. I figured we could save money on future costumes if I went ahead and learned the no sew tutu making artform. Her costume really was easy to pull off. I did have to give her skirt a little trim as it turned out long enough for an adult to wear. I tweaked Batman's costume a little too with the classic gold and black felt logo replacing a smaller gray symbol.
Extra spinning , twirling and pawing at her skirt let me know that she loved her costume. I think I heard a cute little meow.
All the neighbors came out around 6:00 pm to get the evening festivities going. You could feel the excitement in the air. Empty sacks were just ready to be filled to the brim with treats. Batman was running in circles with excitement. We're so thankful for friends on our block to share in the fun.
Kermit and Miss Piggy won best dressed in my book. Muppet nostalgia anyone?
We almost left without our Batman light up belt. Batman reminded us right before we made the trek down our street.
Grandmama and Poppy love to come observe all the activity. We're thankful they pass out candy while we escort the kiddos from house to house.
Lizzie Kat hopped in her pink car (aka the Bat Mobile) for a quick spin around our cul de sac. She had no clue what everyone was collecting in their bags. I made sure to get my extra squeezies on her before Grandmama entertained her inside. There was a chill in the air this year and her kitty nose could only handle so much!



1 comment:
Fabulous pictures...I love your costumed kiddos! They look amazing. And how cute is that picture of you and EK...precious!
Post a Comment