Eliza Kate has grown accustomed to a quiet house during the week without her rowdy big brother's craziness. The first time she sees him on weekdays is around 3:30 when she wakes up from her afternoon nap. I still get Miller to snooze or have quiet time for at least an hour after school...it's my SAHM piece of sanity.
When it's time to "wake the cakey" as Miller calls it after his quiet time, we happily skip in her room together. She pops right up from her sleepy state and says" Mawny". She knows it's time to play with her big brother and she jumps up and down with wild anticipation. Miller insists that he wants to join her in the crib. Of course, my jumping monkeys use it as a mini trampoline until I get nervous that the whole mattress will collapse, spring and all.
So this is how "Mawny" emerged from his quiet time hiatus in his room. He insists on comfy pjs. They matched when I left him and he decided to add his own touch with an extra shirt on top. Ha! Hey, this is our real life... not modified for a picture. Although I did add a bow to EK's bed head;)
Their new hideaway is Eliza Kate's nursery. They like to play in her room together reading and interacting with stuffed animals. I just assemble the baby gate to her door and they entertain themselves for half an hour or so. Miller showed Eliza Kate two hiding spots in her room. They set up a secret play area behind her chair in the back corner with toys. Miller also hid his sister under her fabric covered table for a little fun. Miller called it their secret condo. I'm loving their new sense of togetherness. When the laughter and "eeeeeee" screaches turn into "Hey, she's hitting me", I break up their little hideout and we transition to another activity. Jumping monkeys can only handle so much togetherness.
No comments:
Post a Comment