Sunday, November 6, 2011

charleston weekend

The first weekend in November led us to a fun getaway spot in Charleston, SC for a friend of the family's wedding. Elizabeth, the bride, is the sister of my dear friend all the way back to high school, Mandy. My parents joined us as well for a great mini-cation without the kids. We're so blessed by Landon's parents for always being so willing to take on our little darlings so we can breeze out of town. Saturday was a brisk, wind whipping day...but we still managed to enjoy the city. We spent our time shopping at Market Square with all the street tents. We walked in Battery Park by the water and did our best to stay bundled up!

It was BRIGHT..hence my painful smile;) Everything about this quaint town was beautiful. As a southern GA peach, I felt right at home with all the charm. Eating a duty free seafood lunch at A.W Shucks was more than delightful. Can I get an amen? No sippy cup refills, cheerio passing, or baby bouncing a bored girly out of her high chair. Sometimes our meals resemble somewhat of a circus act. Leisurely adult lunches are fantastic gift! Landon was happy with his raw oysters. A win, win day all around! I wish I had captured more pictures downtown. We'd love to come back for a much longer weekend one day.

The wedding was outside at a beautiful beach house venue. At the last minute, I threw on my winter coat over my wrap. I'm so glad I did! We enjoyed the beautiful ceremony and reception. My one "wardrobe malfunction" happened when we were exiting the ceremony. My fine Chinese crafted  jeweled necklace decided to drip my plastic gems all over the aisle runner. One by one they spilled every which way. I guess that's what I should come to anticipate with mart purchased costume jewelry. Luckily, we were one of the last couples to exit. I had a little help retrieving my precious jewels...ha!

A fun night was had by all! The bride was just stunning. Where's my picture of her? Jackson and Anna were in the wedding and absolutely precious dancing & twirling with their momma on the dance floor. Anyone notice the red headed bookends in this picture?  Sweet wedded blessings to you Elizabeth and Matt.

1 comment:

The Thrashers said...

So glad y'all came! It meant a lot!! :)