We lived up our soccer season for nine weeks this fall. At the end, I was ready to hang up our hat on our weekly commitment. Too many Saturday plans, birthday parties, and community projects were getting in the way. I learned a lot about being a parent in friendly sports competitions while being a spectator on the sidelines though. There is a whole world of sports etiquette and sometime a lack of sportsmanship during these games. Our first season was a great introduction to organized sports. It taught Miller perserverance, focusing skills and dedication to practice. I , in part, learned the practice dedication factor too...making sure we got in the backyard a few times a week to kick around. We enjoyed our Y soccer Saturdays. The perfect commitment without scheduled weekly practices for this age group. It truly felt like a neighborhood league with our paths crossing friends from our neighborhood, and those that live in the Woodlands.
Our family divided and conquered the last three games of the season. I was stressed trying to make it all work out. October was a whirlwind of a month for us. Landon and I were sad that we had to miss the soccer party finale along with sweet Maggie's birthday while in Charleston for the weekend. We knew Omi and Papa would save the day and deliver the highly anticipated cupcakes to our team soccer party in the Woodlands. They were thrilled to be a part of the end of season celebration. These boys and girls deserved blue sprinkled cupcakes to congratulate them on a job well done.
While we were away, I relived the magic on my phone as a mom on the team sent me pictures from the party. What a surprise gift! Wish I could blog about the party details and mini awards ceremony. I didn't witness the joy of seeing my little shark get his first medal, but know that Omi and Papa treasured every second of their time with all star Miller. The precious pictures helped me to relive all the magic!
Leaving you with a quick video of Miller warming up before one of the last games. Ignore Landon's sidelines conversation with the coach.
Here's to the Sharks...GO blue!


1 comment:
Yay! Way to end the season. I know you hated missing it, but I am sure there will be MANY more! And those soccer plates were sooooo cute!
Post a Comment