Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Party {Preschool Edition}

The preschool party is something that I absolutely adore about this season of life and one of the many reasons I will mourn when this stage of life is over. My month long break in April from my tutoring job came just at the right time to attend a flurry of school events in both kid's classrooms. I planned the Easter party with another sweet mom in her classroom.  The egg hunt soaked up most of our allotted time. These three year olds had a wonderful time hunting for the colored , plastic eggs on the playground. 
One thing that I never want to forget about this age is Eliza Kate's face when she spots me coming to her school. Her arms fling wide open and she shouts, "MOMMY"!! with a surprise hug. Where's the pause button?
And, it's simply adorable seeing her interact with her school  aged friends at the class parties . Her teacher said that she is a sweet friend and the class cheerleader. We are working on playing in a group of three. When EK is involved playing with one friend, I'm coaching her on how to include another little girl when they ask to play.  This social dilemma is something I've observed on her playground after school. I'm thankful for the time after school each day that we gather on the playground to witness her sweet friendships. To me, this is the main benefit of preschool at 3 years old--social education!

Eliza Kate could barely get her eggs in the bunny bag before the mystery of what's inside made her stop to open up her oval shaped treats.  Her friend Caleb pulled up a seat to look for candy too.

With our time running out, we only managed to decorate Easter basket Peep cupcakes. It takes some searching to find an age appropriate activity for three year "peeps". They did enjoy decorating their cupcake treat sbefore faces and fingers were covered with lime green frosting goodness.


I treasure just watching her creative mind working on a masterpiece.  Eliza Kate is into details and when she has her mind set on a certain way, she carries it out explaining her reasoning. She just had to have three PINK jelly beans inside her peep basket:)

 There's always something to celebrate in the 3's room. We left the cross art supplies with the teachers for another day. I'm sure they love a pre-planned activity to fill in the gaps. Even if they get to it after Easter, cross art can be done at any time of the year. 

Thankful for mornings filled with preschooler activities with my girl! Easter blessings to all!

No comments: