Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Princess Birthday Tea

In keeping with our week long fourth birthday celebration, 
 we honored Eliza Kate with a very impromptu birthday tea with two of her neighborhood girlfriends. In fact, it was so on the fly that a proper royal email invited her friends over for a birthday playdate. And, I'm so glad that we did honor our girly with a small celebration. Our original plan was a surprise dinner with Cinderella in the castle, but as our trip approached our princess kept asking about cake with friends since she didn't know about her upcoming birthday trip. I thew together a quick playdate in order to keep our trip on the down low and pull off our top secret surprise.
And, I'm so glad I was able to decorate and get her excited about turning 4. This one oohs and ahhs over girly details. What girl doesn't love an afternoon tea party? After a few Hobby Lobby trips,  pink & purple took over our dining room table.  She picked up her Rapunzel dress from the playroom closet for such an occasion.

Pink tulle tied to anything really adds a princess touch to the table:)

I jazzed up a preprinted banner to display her birthday message with a little tulle. She threw her arms out as I was decorating exclaiming, "It's beautiful"!
Pink wands from the dollar bins at Target greeted her friends. I popped her cupcake in a purple,plastic tea cup for the birthday girl. It looked extra cute with a number 4 candle.
I whipped up peanut butter & jelly star wand mini sandwiches for our royal guests.
We decorated crowns, beaded necklaces and colored Melissa and Doug princess scenes before the princesses were invited to sit at the royal dining table for tea.

Pink lemonade punch replaced hot tea of course. And, the girls practiced their best manners with a little coaching of course.





They wrapped it all up with a little twirling and dancing on the bounce house. Eliza Kate's dress was a little torn and tattered exposing her belly button by the end of the playdate.

Grandmama made sure she popped in for afternoon tea with the birthday girl. It's not everyday you can have tea with the girls:)All of the fun continued with gift opening when daddy came home from work. It was a wonderful way to turn 4

No comments: