Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Birthday Visit

 This little lady dazzled us all by turning four on April 21st. {sigh}--Our baby girl is 4!! Eliza Kate requested pink and purple cupcakes to share with her Weeschool friends. She decorated a pink crown to wear for this occasion and I loved hearing her classmates sing to her. 
Of course she appreciated her girly, butterfly party plates and stuck her four year old fingers in the lavender icing before we got a single note of the birthday chorus out of our mouths. Her teacher put candles in a play dough replica of a cupcake for her to blow out. I'm still confused about this maneuver, but I think it had something to do with less of a mess?

I love how Eliza Kate's friend,  Aditi is practicing her blowing out skills in the dark! It was pure sweetness on this drop by birthday visit. I wrapped up my visit with a read aloud to the class during circle time. Eliza Kate chose one of her nighttime favorites-- "Emma Kate" by Patricia Polacco . How fitting that the title closely resembles her name. I also got a little teary reading "On the Night You Were Born" reflecting on the night God blessed us with our darling girl.  Basking in the preschool classroom visits with my girly is a pure delight. Happy Birthday, Eliza Kate!

No comments: