This stage loving mom woke up in the early morning hours of the big first grade performance with a disgusting stomach bug. Luckily, I held it together long enough surviving only on Saltine crackers and tiny sips of water to witness the most precious of concerts put on by all of the first graders
Songs included Animal Crackers in my Soup & I Love You a Bushel and a Peck. One slow song was pinned as embarrassing with its nursery rhyme slow sound. The crowd cheered for America the Beautiful. Miller did get into it as much as a first grade boy could. Although, he did refrain from creating his own choreography like the cutest blond friends next to him. Leave it to a little girl to provide her own dramatic hand motions to the songs--love it!
The big surprise was the kazoos popping out of pockets rendition of Take Me Out to The Ballgame. They used kazoo blows to replace different words in the song.
Mrs. Swan the music teacher retired this year, so the grade presented her with beautiful flowers. Miller volunteered before the event to be the one to present her with the bouquet. I was so proud of his confidence to be able to say, "Thank you, Mrs. Swan for teaching us." I have to admit, I didn't know what that boy of mine was going to say. I was just surprised that he wanted to be the one to do it!
Landon and Eliza Kate attended this family event with standing room only back at the classroom for a Writitng Portfolio morning back in Mrs. K's class. I am continually impressed by the parent and grandparent involvement in Miller's class. These firsties don't even know how blessed they are to be supported & celebrated!
We sat and combed through all of his writing pieces from the beginning of the year until spring inside of his decorated, portfolio organizer. He read aloud selected pieces for us to enjoy. Even though writing is not his favorite academic area, his gains were evident. He has wonderful creativity, but doesn't enjoy the handwriting element. Eliza Kate made herself cozy in the reading nook while we soaked in every word Miller was reading. He was so proud.
Luckily, my bug was just a 24 hour deal. I was well on my way to recovering the next day with only happy memories of our special morning together.

No comments:
Post a Comment