Our Styrofoam pumpkins have made their way out on the front steps. There's nothing quite like a hollowed out, fake pumpkin to put you in a festive October mood ;) I grew up having brick steps on the front of my house, and something about our front steps reminds my childhood home. Memories flooded back of my own mom posing me for pictures on our front steps on Hampton Farms. EK and I had fun positioning our pumpkins , just so. And, then rearrange them ...just so.
This all girl of mine really gets into decorating for each holiday. She ohhs and ahhs over each detail with a surprised face. God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with a little girl who appreciates all the little details. She spotted her monogrammed "e" pumpkin and smiled. It was packed away in bubble wrap last year, so everything really is new to this three year old girl of mine.
And, those lessons are what I'm available for in the afternoons. I've been feeling really thankful and convicted lately to make all of these little moments count. There are so many times a teachable moment escapes me, but then there's the reward of a seized opportunity that makes you feel like you've really got this mom thing down.
Only by God's grace does He equip me to raise these two. It's when I'm on my knees that he gives me the strength to carry on and recharge my patience batteries. Oh, how I love them so. Even on the days when we're sweeping up broken pottery.

1 comment:
Love this precious post, Erica! I know exactly what you mean! You are too sweet! Love your beautiful kiddos, too!
Post a Comment