Our family loved attending our first fall family night at Miller's school. Every tradition at his school is new to us in the fall as he attended Kindergarten last year at a different elementary school. We still feel like new kids at school at times. In many ways, we settled in and it feels just like home. Stepping up as room mom has allowed me to meet other moms and feel like their are other familiar faces when I visit.
Can you see that little sister enjoyed the coveted snack on the evening. She is all about enjoying snacks. This little girl never stops eating. Each grade donated a specific item towards a Trail Mix station. The make your own snack mix tradition has carried on for years at this school. I can see why it's so popular--check out the serving portion!!
I'm so happy Landon joined us so we could divide and conquer. As we greeted neighborhood friends, Miller man managed to weasel off with this his buddy from his class last year. They blissfully hopped from booth to booth without parents for awhile before they were located:)
I signed up to run the Candy Treats Walk. Picture a Halloween themed cake walk. My lovely assistant, EK helped me draw the winning number out of the pumpkin basket when she wasn't hopping from sign to sign herself:) Of course, she loved to fan her feet out on the number to see if she scored the winning ticket. Fortunately, she managed to win several times. EK was content to just hang out with her mommy amid the flurry of activity at other booths. That's what I love about my girl. She's content to help out wherever she lands. Winning candy was a great incentive to hang around.
There was a martial arts demonstration. Miller was mesmerized by the tricks and stunts he watched. I think he wants to try out this sport next;) The school's Fox Trotter's girls group drew quite a crowd as well. At dusk, we laid out our blankets on the school's newly renovated fields to watch the not yet released movie, Turbo on the big screen. Miller took initiative to hop on all the blankets to find first grade friends to mingle with. We lost him for another few while we were settling in. It took me a minute, but I spotted his laugh. A successful first annual festival for our fam!

No comments:
Post a Comment