Thursday, October 3, 2013

fall break {how we love you!}


Destin, Florida--if I had to pick a favorite beach, I think I'd bestow upon you the honor. It's been a two year hiatus from your white sandy shores. I must admit--we hope it's not two years until we grace your beauty again. Fall break plans were in the works this summer with the anticipation of an October beach trip. Miller and Eliza Kate's fall breaks coordinated and we couldn't have put together a better time of year to visit the beach. Temps in the 80's is how I like it.

Karen--the famed hurricane was the only looming threat hanging out in the gulf. Fall beach trips are ideal, but you always have to stand guard against hurricane season. We prayed for awesome weather, and God was good make sure Karen behaved herself out in the distant waters.

These two could have been sitting in a classroom mid afternoon--nah. They'll build sandcastles at the beach anyday over school:) There's something calming for teachers and students to have mini brain breaks throughout the year. It does wonders for the soul.

Miller reconnected with his favorite beach hobby. Karen gave us rough waters which are not typical for the gulf.

Another huge blessing was to have both sets of grandparents in attendance.

Our kids felt so neglected having to share all of the doting, grandparent attention---

From the waves to the pool and back again, our first day in Destin was nothing short of wonderful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Stinson Family said...

How neat that BOTH sets of grandparents got to join you! That is so so special!