Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dollywood Adventures Part 2


We woke up to rainy weather on our last theme park day. I was thankful that I remembered sweaters for the kids. It really was a blessing in disguise as the sprinkles kept the crowds away & we had no lines. Walking right onto the rides was a huge perk as we accomplished so much more in a day.

Miller joined the smaller crowd on Day 2. He really enjoyed the Country Fair section of the park.

The Veggie Tale coaster was much more relaxing as he knew it wouldn't tip him upside down. How cute is it that he's riding with Annalisa up front? Eliza Kate was seated next to Aunt Laurel. She didn't sit out on anything.

Our stomachs dropped on the shooting star. We were free falling back to earth on this ride. Eliza Kate giggled away at the weightless feeling.

I loved witnessing the joy written all over Miller's face. He was having a big time hopping from ride to ride.  I missed out on all of that on Day 1.
 
I absolutely love the movement in this shot. All three generations of Fokens' men on the swings. Landon looks a little large for this ride...ha!

Omi and Papa were generous to watch the younger crowd at the  Lil Logger's Landing playscape after lunch so the adults could venture out on a few thrill rides. The little girls were turning the disks into a plate rinsing game. Eventually their soaked shirts came off.

It was fun to journey off with adults. My ponytail went flipping on the Tennessee Tornado. I had to experience  just what Miller signed up for.

Early afternoon, I left Landon with the older crowd. We journeyed back to the cabin for some R&R. Eliza Kate and Miller both settled in for an extended afternoon nap on this day. They can handle only so much of an adventure.
But, Miller woke up just in time for a late afternoon deck swim with Annalisa. There was always someone to play with on this trip!

No comments: