Friday, June 12, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

I thought I would dedicate a post to what's been going on around our house this second week of summer. It's been nice to get that extra half an hour of sleep each morning. Although, we still like to get up and at em each day! Miller and I are both morning people. Here's how we've been seizing the day.

We've been sounding out letters with Scrabble Cheese-Its. Aren't these cool? If I can just get this hungry little man to not eat the words I try to spell and show him. He gets a big kick out of seeing his name written out with his favorite snack.
Miller loves to play and sing "Ring Around the Rosey". He tugs on my shirt and requests our fun little game daily. His favorite part is falling down. Our little jokester thinks it's just so funny when I fall down with him. He also loves entertaining me with "knock, knock" jokes. Although, he can only say, "knock, knock...who's there?"
Miller's been tending to our front door planters. He loves to use his yellow shark watering can to water the flowers each afternoon. We're working on getting all of the shark's sprinkling power into the flowers instead of watching it splash on the sidewalk. I feel so spoiled to have both the men in my life outside doing yard work.

Another afternoon joy is waiting for the mailman to deliver the mail right after lunch. Miller listens intently for the mail truck to approach our house. As soon as he hears the truck he says, "Do ya hear it?" "the mail truck". A daily joy for Miller is getting to open up the mailbox, retrieve the mail, and put the red flag back down.
We've been enjoying pool and park playdates galore. Miller thinks that the pool filters on the sides of the pool are "seashells". I guess the round plastic circular drain covers look sort of like a sand dollars. He likes to kneel down, put his face against the cover peek inside and say "bugs are swimmin in there". His eyes are strangely drawn to all the seashells, but if you get too close to them in the water he says, "no,momma....scarey!" Here are a few photos of our morning park playdate at a local park. Miller loved exploring the park with Caden, Noah & big sister, Gracie.


These boys enjoyed sliding, climbing and chasing eachother. A big highlight was collecting and examining Roley Polys with sticks. We're loving the simple joys of summer!

1 comment:

MLS said...

What a great idea with the Cheez-Its!! What a good Mommy Miller has!

Lauren