Well, here we are on day 3 of our summer break. Meaning that instead of entertaining Miller from noon until bedtime, we are playing from sun up to sun down. It truly is a gift, mothering this little boy of mine, and getting to enjoy the full day with him in the summer. Miller's adjusting to our new schedule by offering me suggestions of what we can do each day after breakfast. Yesterday, he stood at the door and said, "pool?, park?, sand table?, Grandmama's? all in one excited breath. This new freedom of having our mornings together is really throwing him for a loop since he's so used to being on the go in the mornings.
So today after breakfast, I briefed him on the day's agenda. I feel like I'm a travel agent filling him in on the itenerary. Miller was super excited when he learned that he would be going over to Jack's house for a picnic.
What a fun day of play in J's backyard. The moms spread out blankets in the shade to eat on while the kiddos played away. It's always a mystery to me why Miller won't lounge and eat. He sits for a split second to grab a bite to eat and then he's on his way. I guess eating is way overrated when there are toys and pals to interact with. He doesn't want to miss anything while he munches. So, I usually end up following him around with a fork to make sure he gets some lunch in him.
Caroline brought popsicles to share for the backyard gang to enjoy. This lured the kiddos together so we could capture a group shot. Aren't they cute? What was I thinking when I chose a red pop? It ended up all over Miller's gleaming white T and socks!! Hurray for Shout remover.Mission accomplished on day 3, 64 more sun up to sun down days to go!
2 comments:
Cute! Meg asks me each morning, "Where are we going today, Mommy?" and when I say we don't have plans, she ALWAYS requests a pajama day. Kids are so happy no matter what we do -- as long as we (mommies) do it with them!
Today was fun! Kate LOVES popsicles, as you can tell from your darling picture!
SO FUN! Love all those cute little kiddos. Blake has that sailboat shirt from last summer ... maybe it will fit my huge Sutton this year!? :) Anyway, to answer your qustion ... I have not done a blog book yet. I think I started to do it on Blurb, but it was way too involved and it is going to take like 10 years to put it together. There has to be an easier way!! Let me know what you end up doing. I am so afraid that my blog will mysteriously disappear one day and all of my memories will be gone!!!
Post a Comment