Yesterday I had the joy of attending Mandy Thrasher's beautiful baby shower. We're so excited to welcome their precious little boy Jackson early next month. Mandy and I go way back to high school, remained great friends in college, stood up in eachother's weddings, currently live 5 minutes away from eachother, and attend the same church. We love hanging out with and without the babes!! It's so nice when we can steal away a girl's night here and there. Anna and Miller have also enjoyed several playdates. She's been a lifesaver this year when I've had all kinds of questions about motherhood. Oh how I love her loyal friendship throughout the years.It's so wonderful to be able to celebrate and share in one another's fun life moments....and yesterday was just one of those joyous occasions. I couldn't be happier that Mandy is adding to her family and what could be more fun than a sweet baby boy? She jokes that I have a lot to teach her about boy babies since she is only an expert in the world of pink! I think she's just humoring me...she's got this mommy thing down.
In the afternoon, I went to shower number 2 for Jennifer Conley. She's welcoming a baby girl in August. The Conley's have been great friends of ours since our fun single days. Jason and Landon are in a small group together and the girlfriends, who all became wives ,reaped the benefit of socializing at all kinds of events throughout the years. All the wives are teachers so we can relate on all kinds of levels. Now everyone is adding babies to the mix so our gatherings will become all the merrier! Jennifer and Jason live only a hop skip and a jump away from our house, so we'll be excited to spend time with a newborn in the fall! Congratulations to all these prego mommas!

No comments:
Post a Comment