As soon as the class lists were posted outside of our elementary school over the weekend, we anxiously poured over the first grade rosters to see just where our boy landed. I prayed over his placement all summer long. Miller and mommy sat down and took a blog tour of all the teachers to get our first grade bearings before the big reveal.
First grade is such a critical year & we all know how important the influence of an educator can be on these early elementary aged kiddos. Every parent hopes for the absolute best for their child and we did our part in writing a letter describing the kind of traits we desired in a teacher for our Miller. We spotted our boy's name resting happily on Mrs, K's class roll. I snapped a quick photo with my phone, so I'd remember all of the kids on his roll. Since we didn't have an attachment to any particular teacher this early on, I had no idea just how blessed we are that Miller was placed under her care. She's a boy mom--raising two older boys of her own. A seasoned pro at the male species--
And, when we first stepped into her classroom at meet and greet it felt like home. It was an answer to prayer--SHE is an answer to our prayers. She's so kind & smiley--an important trait. Her room was impeccably organized and attractive.
Miller's theme is the " Terrific Techie room" She led the children on a scavenger hunt with their own checklist to get acquainted with her layout while I completed the mounds of introductory paperwork that's required for you to leave your firstborn at school:) Miller found his desk--his nameplate taped on his desk. Sitting at his own space is a new first grade privilege. Not to mention, he noticed that sweet Olivia from his Kindergarten class sits right beside him.
When the weekend pool talk was all abuzz with Mrs, K's marvelous ways "OH Miller, you have Mrs. K--"...... I knew that she was our little gift this year on Miller's first grade journey.
All of the 8 first grade neighborhood boys were spread out evenly between all the homerooms. He had three classmates from last year land in his classroom as well. This added just a touch of coziness. I love how playing with his besties on the block can be reserved for after school play dates and weekends.
I purchased Miller's supplies on my own time this year {without the littles in tow}, but made sure to save a few items for him to select on his own at Target--color choices do matter on items such a scissors & pencil boxes in the first grade world. This old teacher hasn't forgotten the beauty of personal choice with school supplies. Big props to Landon for hand sharpening all 25 pencils. I finally resigned to a DIY job after scouring several places for the pre-sharpened variety.
After packing our bags and hand delivering all of our big kid supplies to the classroom at Meet & Greet, Miller gifted Mrs. K with her first little sussy of the year. We truly are "flipping out" for the first day of school around here!

1 comment:
Great teacher gift;0
Post a Comment