Saturday, December 17, 2011

she finally recovered

After lots of snuggling and a reunion with lovey, Eliza Kate was in the holly jolly spirit of Christmas again. She needed the comfort of milk on her tummy too. It did take a lot of work to soothe her rattled nerves and stranger anxiety woes. Lots of twirling and hugging. It's not everyday that your momma passes you off to a stranger with a white beard.

She calmed down from her sniffles & sighs just in time for Grandmama and Poppy's Christmas card photo opportunity! We can always count on Miller man these days. It's his dramatic baby sister that needs some coaxing to smile especially after such a tramatic experience. And, with time...we got a cute shot!
She did wake up from her afternoon nap in tears and when I went in to get her 30 minutes later after she wouldn't calm back down.... she said, "santa". I think it really did scar her for life...or at least the day.  I'm hoping that she'll make many more happy Christmas memories this season to erase it from her brain!

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Oh my! Poor Poor Ek! I think we sometimes forget how traumatizing leaving Mommy could possibly be. She will have so many great memories to cover that one soon enough! Sweet girl!