Having a whole week off of school before Christmas Day is a glorious gift. We've been playing & keeping busy on our Christmas countdown. With two more days to go.... the day before Christmas Eve, we met up with some friends at Catch Air to blow off some anxious Christmas excitement. We had a fa la la la la la la la la fun time!
Miller showed us his dancing skills on the dance floor. Out of nowhere the fun jumpy atmosphere turned into a preshooler's dance club. The bass was kicking and the lights were flashing. The dance floor had a cool light up feature as you stepped on each square. Miller showed me moves that I didn't know he had. He was rocking out to "I Like to Move It Move It"!
Sweet sugarplumb wanted to "lide" -slide the majority of her time. Up and down is the name of her game! She did love the treehouse and sliding down a two story slide on mommy's lap. I had just as much fun as she did!
Jack and Miller hit the gym to melt off a few extra pounds from all those extra Christmas cookies. That's what preschool boys do on their Christmas vacation, right?
Eliza Kate hung with mommy on the twirling plastic tops. There was so much to entertain her!
We cleaned and prepped the house for Omi and Papa's stay. Miller is brimming over the top with anticipation for their visit. As you can see, he helped daddy fix a drawer that got off track in the kitchen. His safety goggles and screw driver helped him get the job done.
Then, we rolled out the dough to bake Santa's reindeer cookies. I took a few shortcuts this year and bought Pillsbury premade dough. We picked out our cookie recipe and just went with it in a pinch.
I had wonderful help with baker man & baker girl rolling out the dough and powdering the roller. That was Miller's favorite job. He had flour flying everywhere in that kitchen. I'm glad I waited to mop until after our cookie baking.
I kept reminding myself to let him get messy. "Don't worry about the flour." "Remain calm." "Laugh and enjoy". That was my mental rehearsal as my clean kitchen turned into a white dust cloud. I will miss these days!
Can you see his sugar high anticipation? This silly expression has made an appearance daily on our countdown to Christmas. He is just about to explode with merry measure!
We powdered our noses to remember the dust cloud. It gave the impression that we'd been slaving in the kitchen for hours with our homemade dough..ha!
Ta-da! A plate of reindeer cookies all decorated and ready for Santa's visit. Oh the anticipation!

No comments:
Post a Comment