Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gingerbread House of 2011

Sometimes the finished house makes for the best photo. I think we achieved curb appeal again this year. The beauty of our house kit this year is that it came pre-assembled. I thought I had won the lottery when I didn't have to bake the gingerbread or mix the icing. And, now... NOW, the house comes already put together. No more holding the roof together with my bare hands for an hour the night before for the icing to set in place. I've become a pampered diva with this Target kit! It couldn't be a "sweeter" deal.


Teamwork was the name of the game this year. Miller had to be extra patient with his little sister's hands all over his creation in the making. For the most part, EK just wanted to sample the candies. She crawled right on top of the table for a hands on approach.
Miller man did a lot of sampling too as evidenced by the red gumdrop pressed between his front teeth. We gave our teeth an extra 2 minutes of brushing time tonight, btw. I can't help but think of Leave It To Beaver in this photo of M man. The classic jammies & red and white check table cloth give it a 50's look to me.

Put on your sun glasses for this shot. Ouch, my eyes hurt with all this red. The lighting was very vibrant too. I'm still trying to figure out my lens and camera settings in manual. I didn't get it quite right with this one!

Miller was loving making patterns with the jellybeans on the front roof eaves. He had a plan just where his candies should go.

Landon had to slow our candy queen down. She was going to town sticking both hands in the toppings for the house.

She liked play cooking with the bowls too. That's a girl for ya!

"Hmm, What to eat next?"

The house construction crew had a brief meeting to decide on where in should snow coconut on the house.

It was a big decision!
It snowed everywhere on our Gingerbread House. It made for a white Christmas for our gingerbread family!

With a few finishing shake shakes of the sprinkles, our house was complete. Ta Da!

No comments: