Thursday, July 16, 2009

Crib Climber

So, Miller has finally taken the leap of faith out of his crib. Nap time was interrupted yesterday with a very loud thunk from a falling toddler. For months, he's been throwing one leg over the side. I would quickly rescue that stranded leg with a prompt placement back on the mattress. And, then a few weeks back he discovered how to climb into the bed, so I knew my strategy wouldn't last for long.

I'm not ready for the big boy bed, especially since we're in limbo over how long we'll be in this house or his nursery. My goal was to cage him in as long as possible. Fortunately, the jungle gym crib isn't making Miller lose any sleep. Once, I put him down he's ready to sleep. The tricky part is rescuing him from his nap as soon as he wakes!

A few friends have recommended a mesh top for the crib. I got a good laugh when ply wood and nails were suggested to keep this little monkey in. I know the purchase of his big boy bed can't be put off for too long. I'm just not ready to part with the crib yet!

I had to capture his crib acrobatics in action.


2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Hilarious! I keep waiting for this day...J has been doing the one leg over trick for about 3 months now. I think I'm too confident that he is the "cautious type". Luckily his big boy furniture is in route!

Heather Dahlby said...

I can't believe he held out this long! Big boy bed, here you come :)