
First Haircut
"I got my first haircut
as you can clearly see
Dad says I look handsome
And that he is proud of me
I sat so tall and proud
In that barber car chair
And they even gave to Momma
A small lock of my hair
She says that she will keep it
To remind her of this day
Another first milestone I’ve crossed
In my life along the way"
Well, we finally took the plunge and got Miller his first hair cut this morning. After a few months of deliberation, several comments on what a pretty girl we had, and numerous hair combings to make the curls look presentable, it was time to make our baby boy look groomed and neat. Miller had a whole entourage with cameras and video in hand meet him at Kid Kuts salon to observe this big milestone. He loved that Grandmama and Poppy came out to see his first hair cut.After playing in the waiting area for a short bit it was finally our turn. The stylist called,"Miller Fokens come on back!" We anxiously placed Miller in the sporty red car waiting to see his reaction to the whole concept of scissors touching his head. The stylist asked us to remove his shirt so his hair wouldn't get all caught up in his polo. There he sat bare chested like a little man marveling at the "cah" that he got to play in.
Miller wanted to keep standing up in the car, so we took turns holding him during the cut.
With each new snip of the shears, I saw all of his baby soft curls fall to the floor.... no more baby look for Miller. I made sure she didn't go too short in the back as we like our hair a little longer in the Fokens house. She did an excellent job. Cutting a squirmy baby's hair is no easy task with his moving head all over the place. With a little dusting from the hair duster..it was time to show off Miller's new big boy look. "Boy oh boy" did he sure look handsome after his trim. There will be no mistaking him for a little girl anymore with his new doo. After surviving his first haircut, the stylist presented us with a "First Hair Cut" certificate and a lock of his first curl as a keepsake for his scrapbook. What a special memory!




2 comments:
He looks so handsome!!! Blake is very jealous ... his hair just won't grow!
Oh, and to answer your question from a long time ago, I do buy some of Blake's clothes online! I really just search ebay for new smocked stuff. My fav brands are Anavini, Vive La Fete, Silly Goose. I also buy some clothes from home shows like Castles & Crowns. And I like cute appliqued/monogrammed stuff from Kelly's Kids and Ragsland. I know my hubby won't let me put Blake in these clothes much longer, so I'm taking advantage of the time I have! :) You dress Miller so cute!!
Oh my goodness! How handsome he looks! We are so envious...we want hair too!
Post a Comment