Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The "Mane" Question


Happy eleven months little man! Miller is growing more towards todderhood everyday. I see glimpses of just how this transition from baby to big boy will look and feel like as each day passes. His rolls are melting away, he's getting more teeth and loves to throw toddler like fits to show he doesn't want something! I so enjoy his sleepy time just before bed when Miller sucks his thumb, grasps his left ear and lays his head on my chest. I treasure these cuddly moments because this go-go, squirmy boy doesn't give his mama as much sugar anymore. Just another sign of his growing independence. He still gets kisses like crazy on those baby, chubby cheeks of his whether he likes it or not.




Now on to the "mane" question. It's a hairy issue around here....To snip or not to snip? It's been in the back of my mind for several weeks. We've had quite the hair journey over the last year. He came into this world with dark brown locks, then progressed to an early onset of an "Infant Receding" hairline. This set back was followed by partial side baldness around three months that resembled a mohawk. After joining "Infants Hair Club" it filled in to a blondish wispy hair that has grown in nicely.

Miller takes after both of us in that he has a lot of hair but it's very fine. He has Landon's hair pattern which daddy is proud to claim.... Two calicks or is it cow licks?? in the back of his head and hair at the nape of his neck that flips out. So cute! We can't decide if his little personality will be more suited for the preppy "not one hair out of place" look or if he will fit into the "longer curly messed- up" look. You take a lot of heat if you wear the longer look as Landon can vouch for. He is still teased for what his friends call "Yanni Hair" (new age classical composer ...anyone??)




I may just leave it alone for another month and see what it continues to do..or just get it shaped up leaving the longer pieces in the back. If only they made baby gel to keep his bangs in place!! It's so special to think that the ends of his hair have been there since birth. And....I've noticed that once you get that first hair cut that baby faced look is definitely lost.





3 comments:

The Cibulas said...

11 months already? They must slow down! Im not commenting on the hair issue...must be nice to even have hair to discuss!

The Thrashers said...

FYI...I actually own a Yanni CD!! And I love little Miller's hair!

Hillary Jordan said...

Hi! I just found your blog and wanted to comment that I think Miller's hair is precious. I definitely wouldn't trim it until his first birthday.
Hillary