Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March Memories




Ah..memories. Here is a picture taken at a baby shower for Miller this date last year.We took this same picture when baby Anna was in Mandy's tummy. I was getting pretty large at this point...138 some odd pounds if you're interested. Suprisingly, Miller only took up 7lbs 5 ounces of that! The rest collected as water weight in my ankles or as Landon called them "kankles"(Shallow Hal anyone?). Yes, I had the not so fun water retention in my lower legs. Working full time and being on my feet all day brought many challenges and hardships on my feet. Finally, in March of last year I resigned to wearing tennis shoes with my dress clothes everyday. I felt like the NY woman with white sneaks on her way to work. You have to do what you have to do and my ankles were screaming for comfortable feet! I did manage to buy a few new pairs of shoes. I was horrified to find that my feet had grown up one whole size and 1/2!! They are stored safely away for next time around.


Emotions were high as we made final preparations in the nursery, finished our last childbirth class two weeks before Miller arrived & washed all of Miller's tiny clothes. Oh and we managed to squeeze in a hospital tour somewhere in there. I had it in my mind to take off the week before I was due ,but Miller decided to show up the day after my last day at school. I envisioned a whole week laying on the couch, eating bon bons, hanging Miller's letters over his bed, sleeping in, installing the car seat, and finishing my last pregnancy books to be REALLY ready. Believe it or not, I was somewhat packed for the hospital, but Landon was not packed leaving us scrambling at the last minute to find clean clothes for his hospital bag. Are you ever REALLY ready??


It's fun to think about where we were in our lives one year ago and to reflect on just how much we've learned and grown together as a family. Something about the touch of Spring in the air and the feeling of March has made me sentimental. As Miller's first birthday quickly approaches, I'm sure we'll get more& more sappy over here!!




No comments: