Sunday, February 10, 2008

Stair Master


Welcome home Landon! Landon just returned today from a 4 day national sales meeting in Orlando. We missed him while he was away, but managed to stay very busy.

Miller has a new talent...climbing stairs!! I found this out when I went to get a drink of water and went back to find our little crawler (15 seconds max!!) Well, I couldn't find him in our entryway. There's nothing like that panic. I quickly looked towards the stairs and that's where I found him, second stair up approaching the third stair, smiling back at me. Up go the gates!


Miller enjoyed playing in his diaper box this weekend. He loved peeking over the top & squatting at the bottom of the box. I loved watching him shake the box back and forth until he almost tipped it over. We played peek a boo through the openings on the side. I'll do anything to hear that cute giggle and see those pearly whites smiling back at me.
Speaking of pearly whites....we have one more bottom incisor that came out to greet us this week...making a grand total of eight teeth. Miller's nose is running like a faucet and we have resorted to wearing bibs again after three shirt changes today because of excessive drool. I'm thankful he doesn't have a fever yet.
The majority of the weekend was spent chasing Miller around and keeping him away from all the non toys he shouldn't have in his mouth. His new favorites are pulling on the blinds and lamp cords. He just loves my cell phone, shoes and the remote control. Miller likes to pull up on our tub in the master and play with the fixtures, turning the water on and off. Do they have a safety lock for that too? :) I try to distract and interest him with toys, but those have become boring I guess. The most interesting part is that our sweet,sweet boy throws a little fit ,flailing arms and all, when you remove the non toy from him or move him from the dangerous situation. He's Mr. Independent with a mind of his own, yet still has the sweetest laid back personality most of the time. People always told me, "just wait until he starts crawling". Now I know what this comment fully means!

Thank you for praying for my mom. She goes in for surgery on Thursday to "map" and search the area in her cheek and her lymph nodes for any remaining cancerous cells. If no cancer is found, she will not have to have the five weeks of radiation. Please continue to pray for a safe surgery with no complications. We really appreciate all the emails, phone calls and words of encouragement.



1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

Jack did that to Clay the other day. He left him in the playroom for 1 min while he went next door to his office...Jack was halfway up the stairs looking for him when he returned! We have boys, alright!