Sunday, March 11, 2012

girls like trains


While this one has a passion for all things girly & pink, she's really taken to the train table lately. We bought this toy for Miller around 18 months, so it seems fitting at 2 that she's now interested. Eliza Kate loves to take the Thomas engine and make him "slide" down the tracks over and over just like a child would do on a playground. She repeats"weeee" with excitement each time Thomas zooms down her slide.

She plays with the train set in her own girly way.

Miller is past the train phase. So, for a brief moment I considered purging the playroom of the train table to make room for all the larger girl toys. I'm glad we've kept it for a little while longer to enjoy and use when guests come over.

Surprisingly, Miller does take an interest to the set when he knows his sister has hijacked it.

As long as she doesn't request Thomas the Train underwear when she's potty training, I think we're ok with this new creative play;) After all, big brother has been known to play daddy with the dolls.

It's a new phase of trying collaborative play with these two. I'm hoping as Eliza Kate ages, this will get easier.

No comments: