Our little t-ball champ sure does look like he's rising in the ranks. Something about the way too big orange jersey stuffed into his baseball knickers makes my momma heart swoon. Or is it the royal blue socks peeking out over his new cleats? The one accessory that he's already attached to is his Upward hat that makes an appearance weekly on errands. Something about a little man in uniform. Yes, he's the one whose made me transform into a sports mom on the bleachers. Our Saturdays will never be the same again...in a good way.
Even little sister knows she's standing next to Mr, Hot Stuff.
On Saturday, March 24th, Miller had his inaugural t-ball game. With an extra pep in his step in this shot, you can see his excitement. Even daddy coach was sporting his orange Mets jersey. After a 15 minute warm up drill, our little team was ready to take on the Hooks. It didn't take me long to figure out that we're going to invest in our fair share of stain sticks this season by the look of his pregame grass stains.
I must add that their shocking shade of vibrant orange is blinding. Landon smiled from ear to ear when he found out that our team colors were orange. He's a BIG orange fan, ya know. This was the view of all the action in the dugout. Keeping track of your own bat, glove and water bottle is a task of its own, Each player could really use their own assistant.
My favorite game viewing perspective was peering through the chain link fence. Oh the preciousness of Miller and his buddy Hahn bumping helmets and playing silly games in an effort the make the time go by quickly. It really is all about having fun, right?

I love how Miller was working it with the most handsome first base coach I've ever laid eyes on ;) So far, he's taking Landon's leadership and little lessons all in stride. I wish I could have soaked in every play a little more, but I was a little distracted from our littlest of fans vocal demands to watch Elmo on Youtube. These games drag on and on for the younger siblings.
I love how Miller was working it with the most handsome first base coach I've ever laid eyes on ;) So far, he's taking Landon's leadership and little lessons all in stride. I wish I could have soaked in every play a little more, but I was a little distracted from our littlest of fans vocal demands to watch Elmo on Youtube. These games drag on and on for the younger siblings.
Finally, it was time for Miller man to make his way out of the dugout & up to bat. Coach Warren stayed a healthy distance away. I'm sure he was mentally rehearsing "eyes on the ball, bat up high" to make bat to ball contact. Sure enough, Miller hit it hard down the center and had enough time to run to first. It really is all about running in the right direction around the bases at this age and knowing which base to throw the ball to. They are all learning!
Snack time couldn't come soon enough. We all know that the boys work so hard out there for their prized post game snack. Let's Goo Mets!. Looking forward to a great spring season cheering on Number 4 from the stands.
1 comment:
Oh. My. Word...Number 4 is adorable in his uniform! I am sure he is going to get Most Valuable Player at the end of the season. Go Mets!
Post a Comment