For months, the whole family has kept a surprise Disney trip under wraps for our fifth birthday boy. Sure, I exposed him to the whole Disney idea this past fall with our free preview DVD that I ordered from the park. But, this mousketeer had no.earthly.idea that he'd be packing his bags for his first Disney World trip in mid-March.
It takes a lot of planning these days to get together a trip. There are character dinners to book, accommodations to research, meal plans to research, park decisions, special outings that need booking etc. I had no idea what I was in for until I took the plunge planning our trip in early January.... only 90 days from our departure mind you. Disney recommends 180 days to plan. I manage to take the reigns on trip planning and pulled it off though advice from friends and an awesome blog planner.
It takes a lot of planning these days to get together a trip. There are character dinners to book, accommodations to research, meal plans to research, park decisions, special outings that need booking etc. I had no idea what I was in for until I took the plunge planning our trip in early January.... only 90 days from our departure mind you. Disney recommends 180 days to plan. I manage to take the reigns on trip planning and pulled it off though advice from friends and an awesome blog planner.
I crafted a cute little autograph book for our little man with the Waldograph font. I found the cutest character decals on each page to reserve spots for special friend meetings. I saved room for a picture of Miller and each character to enjoy for years to come. I downloaded some Disney activity pages for Miller to entertain himself on the road trip. In the front, I included our resort map and park maps for him to study. My favorite page is his little Q & A to record pre Disney dreams...His answers were precious!
Omi and Papa came into town to watch Eliza Kate for our family. Such a gift! I wavered back and forth whether or not to take her almost Terrific Two year old self. Even though we had an extra set of hands, she's just not at a golden age to enjoy herself. With her little personality in full bloom combined with her aversion to strollers, I knew it would distract us from the birthday boy.
Now onto the surprise breakfast.... Miller was greeted the morning of our departure with a family birthday Disney send off. His face of shock coming down the stairs to our smiling faces with a decorated tablescape was priceless. Omi and Papa kept with our theme of Disney gifts for the trip.
His gifts included Disney t-shirts, a CARS Leapad game, a light up gifty for the parade, and a special wallet with souvenir cash from the park from Omi and Papa. Miller was overwhelmed! As he was opening gifts and noticing a trend to the packages, Landon announced our surprise trip...but it still didn't fully sink in as he's never been before!
No comments:
Post a Comment