Spring has sprung. And, so has the stork! It's baby shower season around our house. There's just something about March, April and May...baby arrivals and baby showers are popping up right and left! Lisbeth, Melissa A., The new Mrs. Melissa Simmons, and I hosted a baby shower for Brittany today. We decorated in blues and browns all in honor of baby Hinson due to make an arrival in May. You could feel the love in the room already for this precious baby boy. I could sense Brittany's excitement over the outpouring of love and gifts. There's just nothing like your very first baby shower. Of course, we played a fun game led by the gamemaster, Melissa. Brit had to don a blindfold and guess various baby items in the secret bag. She passed with flying colors!

Our sorority pledge class seems to be following a trend, using their maiden names for baby boys. The tally is three so far: Miller, Dawson, and now Hinson. I just love when you can use family names as a heritage for your newborn.
"Mrs. Simmons" a.k.a. newly married Melissa, brought along these fun moonclouds from Birmingham. Aren't they just the cutest with the H initial? They were oh so yummy.

Fun was had by all. Courtney even toted along baby Anders. Oh how I could have just taken this stunning baby boy home with me. His cheeks were so round and kissable. Can't wait for the next baby to enter the world of Adipi Mommas. Who's next?

4 comments:
I'm actually next. Due with a son, Sheehan.
Hee hee. Wish I could have been with y'all!!
I hear you about 'baby season' -- I hosted a shower and attend a shower 2 weeks ago, and I have another this weekend. We just got invited to TWO more in the coming month! Something about April & May . . . or should I say it's something about July and August . . . that gets everyone in a 'baby' mood? ;)
Too funny Lauren! I was thinking "Sheedog" for a girl. You'll never live that nickname down. Yeah..sometimes you CAN use your last name & most of the time it just doesn't work out:)
We missed ya! The gown you got Hinson was adorable!
I was about to leave a comment with my last name, Grose, but I see Sheedawg beat me to it! I think Sheedawg would work...What up Dawg? Perfect nickname. And of course, the spelling has been change for Georgia fans. But just so you know, I won't be following in my older sister's footsteps and having a Grose Gaskill. But Joshie's middle name is a family name(Hayes).
Post a Comment