Friday, March 6, 2009

Car Conversations


I can't remember what it was like to drive somewhere without my little chatterbox in the backseat. Miller loves to jazz things up on our travels around town by adding his own little commentary to things going on all around us. Some trips, he just wants to insert certain words to his fave songs. Yesterday, he piped in with "Ho, Ho, Ho, Ho-san-an-a,Ha Ha Ha-lelujah." Heaven forbid, that I skip a song on his favorite CD. He lets you know with a sound of displeasure that you just can't skip songs, they have a certain order that they must be played in.
Things really get exciting when we navigate around a construction zone. Miller shouts out, "steam shovel, biiiiig truck, cement truck, backhoe, bulldozer, oh all the trucks, do ya see them? right, there."

Our tradition every morning in the car on the way to Ms. Karen's is to name all of his buddies to get him excited about the morning. I got him started today by asking, "Who are you going to see today?" Miller's response..."Baby Thomas, Hannah, Caroline, Nathan, and Truck Book." I guess he considers his favorite book at her house, a dear old friend. I laughed right out loud when Miller proceeded to cheer as we were driving up to Ms. Karen's house, "Happy Friday", "Yay!" I guess he's really listening like a sponge every Friday when I greet everyone this way.

Happy Friday to all of our blogging buddies!

1 comment:

The Morrows said...

i would love to see video of miller singing ho ho ho hosanna! i bet it is too cute!
love ya