Monday, July 7, 2008

"Eat More Chicken!"


After music class today, we joined Paula and Jack for lunch at Chick-Fil-A. This outing was a little different for Miller because it was his first time to dine on a meal from the restaurant. I usually pack a sack lunch or dinner and take it along. Paula showed me the ropes of maneuvering two active toddlers during the hustle and bustle of Chick-Fil-A at noon. Right away, we loaded Jack and Miller into two high chairs, so we could order hands free and they could be contained in one place. There they were -cute as can be- sitting beside us while we were in line. I'm sure it was a sight to see for awaiting customers. It was so nice to wheel Miller right up to the counter to order without juggling his awkwardly heavy body on my hip while I search for my wallet to pay. Then we were off to hunt for a table in the crowded dining area. Picture the scene.... tray with wobbly drink in one hand, large diaper bag full of wipes, toys, high chair cover etc. on one shoulder, the other hand wheeling a hungry toddler to find a table! After locating a table, I needed a moment to sit and just breathe!! Miller was perfectly content looking around at the other kids while I got the meal situated and ready to eat.


Then it was meal time! We set up our tiny diners across from one another so they could participate in active conversation. Miller loved his chicken salad sandwich which Jack recommended. After scarfing down Miller's other half sandwich, Jack& Miller entertained us with a rousing concert of piercing screeches back and forth as the grand finale to our mealtime adventure. All you can do is laugh at their shrills and be thankful that you are at a noisy, kid- friendly restaurant.

Finally, it was off to the playground for a little time to blow off some steam after sitting still for so long. And, that 's just what these little busy bodies did! They were all over the playscape exploring every nook and cranny. They played and played until their hearts were content. With flush faces and sweaty heads, it was time to pack up and leave our playtime bliss. We missed you, Sophia & Caroline. Looking forward to another lunch adventure next Monday!


Miller and I had just one more stop before heading home. We made a quick visit to Grandmama and Poppy's house to say a quick hello and read stories. After blowing bubbles and playing, it was time to get this go-go boy to bed (an hour late!!)




Whew...I think I need a nap too!




4 comments:

S, J, B, & S said...

Don't you love dining out with toddlers?!? Thank goodness for Chick-Fil-A!!! Oh, and I love Miller's outfit ... he is always dressed so adorably.

The Campbells said...

Sounds like you all had fun! Pretty soon you'll move into the nuggets and fries mode. Just be sure to get the fruit cup too. Grace loves Chick-Fil-A food but has always preferred the McDonald's playplace. Just try not to think of all the germs(gross!)

The Cibulas said...

I couldn't have described the afternoon better! What exhausting fun!

The Morrows said...

looks like you had a blast! makes me wish i could play on the playscape too!