Thursday, July 17, 2008

thirty


Happy Birthday Landon! We can't believe you're thirty. To most, it sounds so young to be thirty. Some people think it sounds distinguished, somewhat old and sad to leave your twenties in the dust . I think it's a nice even number! Isn't it true that thirty is the new twenty?



The weekend long celebration began tonight over dinner and by special request, we started off with cavier and melba toast. Landon and his "pallet" ah-hum....difficult and sometimes too sophisticated for me to keep up with as I am such a simple cook! I DO try to Wow him here and there. It's no easy task to do. Since I am the chef's assistant in MY kitchen, I prepped the dinner and we enjoyed Chicken Piccata. For dessert we dined on Landon's favorite....a children's classic, Pillsbury Funfetti cake and icing. It's a mix...yahoo! Now, that's not a tall order for such a novice cook! Grandmama and Poppy joined us for dessert tonight. Miller loved dada's choice of cake.




The weekend long celebration all goes down on Friday with all the boys. Landon's good bud Anthony coordinated a fun "all guys" weekend. Anthony told me a long time ago that Landon's 3oth birthday was outsourced for only him to plan. Little did I know what he had up his sleeve..trouble! On Friday, Landon and a few friends are going skydiving for the first time. Landon said that on his way out of the plane he's going to tell 30 what he thinks of it! That night, more guys are joining up to tailgate at Turner field and watch a Braves game. On Saturday, a full day of golf is in store followed by a 30th Birthday Bash that evening. Anthony, you outdid yourself..thanks for making Landon feel so special on his big day. A packed agenda is just what Landon likes! My big wish for Landon on his 30th is just to make it back ALIVE and with all his limbs. And, that's just what I crossed my fingers for as he blew out his 3-0 cupcake this evening! Happy, Happy Birthday to my fantastically wonderful & handsome 30 year old husband!


This frosted face looks familiar!!

4 comments:

The Cibulas said...

HAppy 30th Landon! I promsise it only gets better!

The Morrows said...

Happy Birthday Landon!! Best wishes from the Morrow fam- please be safe!

The Andersons said...

Happy Birthday!! Can't wait to hear about the weekend fun.

LegoLiams said...

Merry-O birthday on ya, Georgie.
More soon.
Love ya.