Wednesday, July 23, 2008

NYC Bound

Clothes clean and pressed, check! Babysitters booked, check! House clean, check! Bags packed, check! Parent Consent form in case of emergency signed, check! Two excited parents, check! Even more excited grandparents, check! The list goes on and on....Did I remember EVERYTHING? I sure hope so.


We're leaving town to enjoy a much needed vacation to New York City. We've been planning, researching restaurants etc. the whole summer in anticipation for our toddlerless trip together. It's been 12 whole months since our last getaway as a couple to Arizona last fall.


A busy itinerary is ahead, visiting the ruins of 9/11, walking in Central Park, Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho, shopping, eating and maybe even a show. It's been years since I've been to the city,but Landon has been more recently. I'm trusting he'll be our navigator around town and on the subway. I hope we don't spend TOO much time on the subway...we'll take taxis too!

Grandmama and Poppy are watching Miller the first two days. Then, Omi and Grandpa are traveling from Knoxville to watch Miller the last part of our trip. He will be taken care of and spoiled wonderfully with all the attention, I'm sure.


The hardest part of the day will be at night when I'll miss tucking lil' Miller into bed. Or will it be that I'll miss waking him up and seeing him sit up to say, "Hi!". Uh-oh...not a good start to this babylesscation. Will post pictures soon. Until then..

6 comments:

The Gaymons said...

How cute that Miller wakes up and says, "Hi!" I can't wait for Maggie to start using words we understand. Have fun on your vacation!

The Morrows said...

wow- didn't know you were going! have sooo much fun! can't wait to see your pics when you get back- love ya

MLS said...

Have a great trip!!! You deserve a break! I hope you will enjoy every minute of it!

The Cibulas said...

Have a fabulous vacation and I cant't wait to see pics when you get back.

The Thrashers said...

How fun! I'm so glad you and Landon get to get away for a little bit! If you get a chance go to Serendipity for some very yummy (and very big) dessert!!

The Micca Family said...

Have a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back : )