Sunday, July 13, 2008

Welcome Baby Jackson!


Jessica and I had the privledge today of meeting sweet baby boy, Jackson McCurdy Thrasher. It's been the tradition among our High School girlfriends to parade to the hospital to meet each newborn. Jackson was born yesterday, July 12th and weighed in at a whopping 8lbs 15 oz. I was thrilled to meet and hold a newborn baby boy again! You forget just how tiny and wonderful they feel in your arms. Jackson is so handsome with such soft baby skin and beautiful red hair. I think he has Mandy's nose, but we'll just have to wait and see who he favors. We know one thing for sure...he's laid back already. Jackson was so content all during our visit. I just stared and stared at his sweet little face watching every facial gesture and yawn. I couldn't get enough!

Mandy handled labor like a champ. She looks fabulous & just glows!! She has this mommy thing down. I think you are all the more confident the second time around!
It's so neat to share in all of these wonderful life moments with the people you love the most. God is SO good! We love you Jackson already. Welcome to the world little man!

4 comments:

The Morrows said...

hmm- do i detect a note of wishfulness in your voice over the sight of baby jackson? ;)

The Fokens Family said...

OK...you caught me!! I don't think you ever get over wanting a baby or holding a newborn!! We have awhile to wait....so I can SAVOR our next newborn. My goal is to finish his scrapbook before baby number 2, AND at the rate I'm going...who knows? I'll need to get my Jackson fix though!!
E

The Fokens Family said...

One more thing...I'm going to a baby shower tonight at Provinos...I'll be thinking about you:)Isn't that your favorite??
E

The Morrows said...

so jealous that you ate at our ATL favorite! hope you enjoyed every bit of it! sorry i didn't get back to you with some suggestions... but i think everything there is yummy. my fave is the salad and bread! good thing there isn't one in B-ham, i'd be huge! love ya