Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My favorite Hobby


I LOVE to scrapbook. It became a hobby of mine a few years back when Landon and I were planning our wedding. I enjoyed documenting each stage in the planning process, showers, the wedding etc. In college, I would watch my roommate scrapbook and think to myself," Do I have time for that?" Her pages always turned out so beautiful and it's such a keepsake that brings you back to wonderful memories. Memories that might fade over time..but the captions and pictures bring you back. The time it takes is well worth it because the finished product is a keepsake for a lifetime. My mom has even gotten into scrapbooking and we enjoyed a night of cropping a few weeks back. I have started Miller's First Year scrapbook, but it's slow going because we've been so busy. I try to carve out 20 minutes here and there. I've managed to get through the pregnancy pages and 3 months....still catching up!
I came across this poem to include in his scrapbook the other day & wanted to share it!
Today and always, you will be our little miracle. The baby years, so sweet and wonderful, Are all too short. Often we want to stop time, and hold you a little longer, but we will also cherish the daily joys of watching you grow and change. These pictures of you will make us smile each time we look at them, For they bring us back to those wonderful days of celebrating and welcoming you. They are our treasures and you are our heart.
Teri Harrison

No comments: