Sunday, June 16, 2013

honoring our dads


Who doesn't like a whole day dedicated to the BIG job of a daddy? Sometimes days go by without an official thank you to the big man of our house. "The one who's in charge" is how Miller likes to label our dad. We hear Miller make comments like..."One day when I'm a daddy, I'll ________ ......." It's so evident that he's soaking up every aspect of fatherhood from Landon. He's really watching & taking mental notes on his future role.
One thing's for sure. On Father's Day, we intentionally made sure to make a BIG deal over the daddy of the family.
 
Our dad helps me mold these two little darlings into well, daaah--lings. It's a team effort {honestly, a tag team effort}. God knew what he was doing in his design. When I wear out, Landon steps in beautifully. In so many ways, he is just the daddy I always wanted for my children. He's not perfect, but he's just absolutely perfect for us. So, we honor you Landon for all the little ways you selflessly serve our family of four. It's never about you, it's always about us.


We were fortnuate to celebrate this day with Poppy--my dad. We hosted them for a cookout with a menu of mini slider hamburgers served on Hawaiian rolls with all the fixens'. To top it all off, we used our old fashioned ice cream maker for the firest time to churn out homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh peaches. This was a novelty that the kids really enjoyed on a cool summer evening on the deck.

The littles were able to hug all over their Poppy on Father's Day. I know he felt special.
 
No  summer weekend is complete these days without plunging down Grandmama & Poppy's waterslide. Short , daring visits seem to satisfy his thrill seeking nature. We all  played together at their pool as the perfect family actvity on Father's Day.

No comments: