Some may label it "stressmas". I try to remind myself of the saying, "Blessed to be Stressed" during this most busy season. We're not supposed to be hyperventilating & anxious about all we need to accomplish during the month of December with to-do lists, shopping lists, party planning, and card writing. I'm trying to focus on the true meaning of the season. It's all about focusing on God's gift to the world, not my long list of to -do's! All of these distractions take away from the true meaning of Christmas.
On the distractions note, I've been MIA lately turning my kitchen into a crafting & bake shoppe. I was busy, busy with 10 plus M&M cookie jars for Miller's teachers for choir, Cubbies & Sunday morning. This consumed a whole day's labor. I cranked up Pandora Christmas music & filled Mason jars with our glowing tree in the background. Sweet little miss at my ankles wanting to participate. Traces of flour and sugar can still be found in corners of my kitchen. It truly is the best month to be a SAHM all cozied up in our jammies. Yes mom, I pinch my cheeks and put on lipstick for Landon by mid afternoon ;o)
On the distractions note, I've been MIA lately turning my kitchen into a crafting & bake shoppe. I was busy, busy with 10 plus M&M cookie jars for Miller's teachers for choir, Cubbies & Sunday morning. This consumed a whole day's labor. I cranked up Pandora Christmas music & filled Mason jars with our glowing tree in the background. Sweet little miss at my ankles wanting to participate. Traces of flour and sugar can still be found in corners of my kitchen. It truly is the best month to be a SAHM all cozied up in our jammies. Yes mom, I pinch my cheeks and put on lipstick for Landon by mid afternoon ;o)
I attended a very special "Meaningful Christmas" ornament swap for advent last week. Isn't this the cutest little party idea ever? Thanks to a little blog I follow and Lisbeth who coordinated and planned the party, we pulled off swapping 24 ornaments for each day of Advent. There is a published devotional book to read to your child each night as you hang each day's ornament on the tree. I just love how this refocuses all the attention back to Jesus. He often gets forgotten in the madness. Do you like my lima bean baby in the manger?
I have two hot glue burns on my fingers as sweet souvenirs to all my hard work!
I have two hot glue burns on my fingers as sweet souvenirs to all my hard work!
Three wise men. Can.you.handle.the.cuteness?
All of the ornaments were grouped together for us to fill up our boxes with. It was a fun evening of sharing Christmas traditions and socializing! Everyone was oohing and awwing over the details.
Looking forward to a very meaningful season.
2 comments:
We had a Jesse tree party at my house!! Isn't it wonderful?!! I am loving the devotions and having our girls hang the ornaments. So special and sweet!
Love that you took a moment to give Jesus the focus! And, you are such a crafty, creative mom. Gives me inspiration.
Post a Comment