Check out our "baby eagle" on his first day at L.R.E.! It's hard to believe school is in session on August 1st. We'll be thankful when fall break rolls around for this schedule. Wide eyed with excitement, he couldn't wait to get going to school this morning. Miller's only disappointment was not joining the big kids on the block riding the bus. I keep telling him, "just wait until you're five." Some rights of passage must wait until Kindergarten. Landon joined us as we dropped "big man on campus" off at his classroom. Dad wanted a chance to meet and greet the teachers.
A few morning snapshots capturing the wonderment of a first day. Was it the new backpack? lunch box? Eating in the cafeteria? A sweet new teacher? We'll never know...but Miller walked the hallways without looking back keeping his eyes on his classroom.
Our annual mommy & me shot..A must!
See, he followed my rules of wearing the pack on his back! No wheels for this guy in the halls. As soon as we arrived Ms. C & Ms. K greeted Miller with a few morning procedures. His big morning responsibility is turning in his folder. I'm going to try my best to let him take the initiative in packing this up each night. A little responsibility will be good for the little fella. We didn't stick around for long. I remember the feeling of hovering parents in my room. Miller didn't cry one single tear! So bittersweet, but we're thankful he does so well with changes and transitions. I didn't get too emotional either as I am too excited for him.
A big plus this year is G man from across the street is in his same classroom. They are the sweetest of buddies. His mom pulled a few strings to get them to be together. Miller arrived before Grant, but he sure was keeping one eye on the doorway waiting for his pal to join in the fun. His classroom is decorated like a jungle. The exact theme I had in my first class. Isn't that a fitting classroom for PreK? Sometimes it feels like a jungle in there with all the craziness.There was a hint of sadness coming home to a quiet house. This year will be so good for Eliza Kate. She'll get all the one on one attention she needs. Having the play room to herself is also an added luxury.
Around 1:00, I was having serious Miller withdrawls wondering just how he was making it on his first day. I'm still in our old carpool routine of a 12:00 pick up in my brain. Little chatterbox was talking a mile a minute the second his fanny hit the car seat about the day's highlights. He made sure to tell me that he didn't obey Ms. C when she asked the kids to line up. I refreshed his memory that obedience is doing something that you don't always want to do. Nodding his head up and down, it seemed to click. I just love how he still taddles on himself. It won't be long before he'll be covering all that up and hiding his report card too! We'll take the innocence while we can. It wasn't too long before the elementary bus rolled unto our block and all the kids had a Popsicle party. One thing is for sure, the school routine does wonders for bedtime. Little man was exhausted tonight. Looking forward to many wonderful memories and sharing all of this in his last year of preschool.
1 comment:
Oh my! I can't stand this. It's like the first grade of K a year too early. It is so exciting and emotional all at the same time! I'm sitting here teary eyed and smiling all at the same time. How did you do it?
I just loved the last two posts. So sweet and thrilling! Yay for Miller and a great first day!
Post a Comment