Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crabby Carpool

 I love this silly glimpse into a day in the life of the carpool mom. Definitely a rreality check for this thirty something mom of two to look in the rear view mirror and witness the miracle of children. Sometimes, I wonder just how we got here with Miller!
"G" is our ccarpool buddy this year. These two have grown up together as G lives right across the street from us. What a blessing to have both of them in the same PreK4 class this year. You can tell they're such good buddies when they randomly start dressing alike on the same day. Can't handle the cuteness of their matching crab shirts and the fact that G's mommy texted me this picture while in line at carpool one morning. One of the perks of attending the same school is sharing carpool together. I take the morning route in the morning and Miller gets conveniently dropped off at our doorstep around 1:45 while Eliza Kate is still napping. Amazing.
I won't lie. This Monday through Thursday school schedule has rocked Miller's little world. He comes home and crashes for an hour or so. The early mornings have been a big adjustment. I had to start a little system with Miller man to address his early morning "crabby-ness". He was less than eager to pop out of the car once our van door opened. Some mornings he'd just escape to the very back of the van thinking he was going to be a stowaway traveling back home with me. It never puts me in a good mood to kick the van in park to climb on back to push out our carpool protester.  I finally laid down the law with little man explaining that I expected him to pop out and say "Good Morning" (with a smile) to the awaiting teacher. After practicing at home, and a Friday Popsicle incentive...I think we've mastered a cheerful disposition during carpool exiting;) Just chalking it all up to Kindergarten training one year ahead.

No comments: