Saturday, August 6, 2011

HHI-Part 2

Harbour Town was a fun little outing while we were on vacation. We loaded up the kiddos for dinner at Salty Dog. Good Golly Miss Molly is was a HOT one. I don't know if it was the heat , the humidity or a combination of both that was overwhelming. It was a scorcher. Of course, the little missy wanted nothing to do with her stroller during the 45 minute wait for a table. We walked and shopped to pass the time,  I was "glistening" from head to toe keeping track of this go go.
She was dancing, marching, and climbing stairs with a sweaty head of curls. If I wasn't catching her before a tumble, I was tying her shoulder bows or combing the wooden slats for her estranged lime green bow. Oh, the stresses of keeping a little girl's accessories in order and accounted for. The humidity did wonders for Eliza Kate's hair. She suddenly had extra bounce and more organized curls. She surely was enjoying her Saturday night while I was wishing for a cool breeze for sweet relief. It was so miserably muggy.


Finally, I got her to stay still for a few moments with her snack trap of cheerios. After I snapped this picture of Jackson and EK, he said,"Her loves me". Too cute for words!

We were already on borrowed time to feed these cuties. Once we got seated, EK was having nothing to do with her high chair as she was starving. I finally grabbed some crackers and aborted the mission to cool off in the car with the AC blasting. We made our way  back to the restaurant when the food was ready and waiting for the princess. She finally was a happy camper with food in front of her.
Landon and I are looking forward to the days of relaxing dinners out again, but for this season we're coping with the "working dinners" out. It's organized chaos at times.



After dinner, we journeyed to the light house on the water. Rocky Top was playing outside to welcome Landon to the scene;) We walked around looking at  all the boats and witnessed a beautiful sunset.


Mandy and I did get one single picture that night. Luckily, it turned out! She's such a blessing in my life. It's fun to share in the season of motherhood together.
Our little men don't mind hugging. Of course, we were coaching them to not step back too far. Open water without a fence is a boy mom's worst nightmare.

Ice Cream is a sweet reward for picture cooperation!
And, that's just how we capped off the night! Miller chose his favorite, Mint Chocolate Chip. I should remember to pack a big boy bib for this one! We've got a long way to go before he wants to take a date out for ice cream. I finally resigned to naked ice cream for Eliza Kate. No amount of bib covering could protect her from the drip factor of those cones!

2 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Those pictures (from both parts) are so awesome! I was cracking at up at how PERFECT the pictures look...just like everyone was behaving, cooperating, and the vaca was perfect. I was thinking, why aren't my vacations like that? Then I read about your dinner out...it made me feel better..;)

Anyway, your kids are absolutely beautiful! I love looking at pictures of them!

Gretchen, Justin, Elizabeth and Blake said...

Oh my goodness! Such precious memories! And you and Mandy look amazing!

I can totally relate to the chaos of eating out with little ones... Sounds like you guys did a great job of managing the restaurant wait :-)