Friday, August 26, 2011

Imagine It

Sold on this year's school schedule. I'm in love. Long weekends and fun Fridays are a big perk of the Monday-Thursday schedule. I finally feel like I've regained some sense of normalcy as a mom with a longer school day for Miller and we have Fridays to play together. I've coined the term "Fun Fridays" with Miller. I've got a lot to live up to this year with that name, but  so far we have been playing on our days off. If we're not taking a mini field trip, my plan is to make learning fun for Miller at home. This is our last year with a flexible schedule afterall.  When Eliza Kate drops her morning nap, she can finally join in on all the fun. For now, she snoozes away at Grandmama's and Miller soaks up one on one time with me. Thankful for the extra help!

Love Miller man's intent face in the above picture. Who knew that playing could be so much work? When I gave Miller a picture preview on the Children's Museum website, he was captivated by the digger and ball exhibit. And, this is right where he gravitated the majority of the morning.



Jack, Maggie, Bradley and Wesley Kate were there to join in the fun. This was an exciting inaguaral trip for us. Jack and Miller enjoyed loading up the "Publix Truck" and using the assembly line to get the boxes in the truck. Miller was fixated on the forklift. Boys and their machines!

The cutest little grocery stocker you ever did see was keeping the shelves in tip top shape. Miss Maggie is an organizer in training. Miller loved shopping with his play basket.

Magnetic fishing did not disappoint. Miller chose the fireman raincoat to splash around in. I did have to retrieve his foot from the fountain on several occasions. He wanted to hop right in the water table. Luckily, we sported crocs on this occasion. An unsupervised visit would have resulted in a pool splashing mess.

Jack had his own little orderly system of lining up his "catch of the day" for all to see!
Who could concentrate on fishing when they have this lovely view across the pond? Beautiful Wesley Kate got to fish in her own delicate fashion. She didn't need a rain coat and stayed perfectly dry in all her girly glory. 

The featured exhibit was Play Ball. Miller got all suited up and ready for a game of....? I think he mixed up the sporting equipment. Miller could barely walk with all his gear on. It sure did make for a great photo op!
These two sure do know how to be silly & play! It's nice to be on the same schedule and have friends to share in all the fun. Hooray for fun Fridays.

1 comment:

The Cibulas said...

I am so with you...I LOVE this Friday thing! Too bad we can't do it forever!