Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Five Months

Here's a sneak peak into the five month mark with sweet Eliza Kate.



Our routine has shifted to the four hour mark..hooray! At the end of four months, she let me know that she was ready to make the shift from three hours in between feeding to four. I was feeding her every three hours and she didn't seem interested. Every little noise distracted her and she would only nurse for 12 minutes. I knew it was time to make a change for the little miss. She's downing 6-7 ounces each feed. We feed at 7:30, 11:30, 3:30 and 7:00 p.m.

I've been delaying starting oatmeal until we were planning on being in town for a good stretch. Little cutey pie just experienced her first oatmeal cereal this week and it was too cute watching her sample the new texture in her mouth. She didn't love it, but she put up with it. Today, I mixed it with sweet peas and she liked it a lot better. My goal is to sample veggies first and then introduce EK to fruits. Pictures of meal time are in the works!


Eliza Kate is a champion sleeper at night. We're working on fine tuning the nap schedule. EK naps from 9:30- 10:30, sometimes nods off in the car around 11:45 when we pick up big brother, and then 1:30-2:30 while Miller is napping. She still needs her mini nap around 6:00. I'm wondering when her 2 hour nap stretch will get here? We were at home all day today to whip this girly in shape. She skipped her mini-nap at 11:45 and still only slept one hour in the afternoon...ugh! Hey I guess I shouldn't complain because she IS such a great nighttime sleeper.




We celebrated the five month mark introducing Eliza Kate to the jumping johnny. She's in love. It's evidenced by her dimpled, gummy grin, and coos. It's too cute to watch her chubby legs bouncing up and down in the door frame. When she spots her new favorite toy her legs pump up and down in my arms. Miller gets a kick out of the whole situation too! The exersaucer is the other entertainment option that's been gracing our living room. EK enjoys turning around to play with all the different toys. She's grabbing rattles, her feet, my shirt and plastic keys. It all ends up in her mouth! She still uses her thumb to self soothe. Eliza Kate rubs her eyes when she's sleepy. It's heaven to watch!




The little miss is a supported sitter and is well on her way to sitting up for 10-15 seconds at a time. I think she's going to bypass Miller with this one. She likes tummy time for about 3 minutes. When it becomes too much work, she whines and whimpers with her bottom lip down. Her "big boned" frame makes it challenging. Needless to say, we're still not rolling over. I will say I'm partly to blame. Poor baby spends most of her mornings when big bro is at school in her car seat and stroller running errands. She's shuttled to and fro and misses tummy time on a lot of mornings because of the second baby curse.




Eliza Kate adores Miller. Her baby blues follow his every move. She belly laughs at him playing. All of the action provides visual entertainment to her. Today Miller and EK enjoyed rocking and giggling together in her chair. My heart was warmed over watching them interact. When I was feeding the little miss her oatmeal today, her head was looking over her shoulder the whole time trying to find big brother. Finally, Miller had to come sit in front of her so she could see him.


We're loving life with our growing baby. I wish time would slow down just a little bit! I held her just a little more snuggly tonight after thinking about how fast this first year is flying by.

3 comments:

The Cibulas said...

Gorgeous baby, just like her mama! Oh, how you made me miss 5 months!

sjefferson said...

She is just too, too cute and beautiful! LOVE the little smocked outfit too! Grey grabs his toes just like she is in the picture...he also manages to suck his toes too. It's pretty funny. :)It saddens me that they're getting so big so quick. Grey will be 6 months Saturday! Sniffle.

sjefferson said...

...and do count your blessings. While she may not give you mid-day breaks with her naps at least you're getting good sleep at night! Poor Grey! Maybe we'll sleep through the night when he starts crawling.