Friday, September 17, 2010

Family & Me Picnic

The Busy Bees hosted their families at a fall picnic on the grounds in September.


An added bonus...we got to tour Miller's classroom before the picnic. It was nice to see him in his element with his two teachers and friends. It felt very warm and inviting. I enjoyed seeing his name printed above his spot at the table. His "Family & Me" poster with pictures of all his extended family members was on the wall of his classroom welcoming us.
I got a few comments from the teacher that made me laugh. Some comments, I'll keep private because only a mom and grandma would be proud to hear them! Apparently, they moved a more feisty girl across the table from Miller because he kept touching a shy boy's paper and the boy wouldn't speak up. She said that Miller is so smart but sometimes refuses to do his work and wants to play. As a former teacher, you really read into comments and compliments. Teachers tend to soften the blow and dance around what we really want to say. I'm already having visions about what Miller will be like when he hits K. Fortunately, we have two years of preschool to get him into the swing of things. We're proud of Miller for learning how to sit in his chair and conforming to the routine of the classroom structure...it took a few weeks!



Miller hopped from quilt to quilt naming all of his buddies and introducing his momma to his new friends. One of his gifts is memorizing names. I wish I had this gift! He will put it to good use one day just like his daddy!


Miller LOVES school, his classmates and teachers. He rambles a mile a minute about his day from the moment his fanny touches the carseat. We're thrilled that he gets to experience it all! And, I'm pinching myself that I get to participate in his school events this year. Grandmama is enjoying it too!

No comments: