Of course, I couldn't reach Landon on the way to the ER. He had a really important business lunch that kept him distracted and away from his phone. Fortunately, my mom rode with us to the hospital so I could have an extra set of hands. I don't know what we would do without local grandparents! Upon entering the hospital, the triage nurse said to me, "Don't worry we can give him something to sedate him." That's how worked up little man was over just thinking about getting a band-aid on his face. Have I mentioned that we have a band-aid a phobic around here. Just the mere mention of it sends Miller into a tizzy..weird I know!
Dr. Winkle worked his magic on Miller's face. After gaining Miller's trust, he had Miller literally in stitches..no pun intended. Miller was giggling up a storm at Dr. Winkle's antics and sound effects. Dr. Winkle raised and lowered the hospital bed over and over which held Miller's attention. Mom and I were shocked at just how still M layed on the bed without sedation. Dermabond glue was just the answer to stop this puncture wound from bleeding and hold the cut together. Now if we could just keep the glue dry and untouched for 5 days.
We've had an eventful June of ER visits. I hope there aren't any more illnesses or injuries the rest of the summer.
1 comment:
Ha! I love Dr Winkle's name...so perfect!
Post a Comment